Thursday, May 9, 2013

My new toy!

Finally after drooling for a few years over the Leica M9, I've finally gotten my hand on one (well, you can say it's younger brother), which is the Leica M-E (typ220). It is essentially the same camera as the M9 with the same 18.5megapixel CCD kodak full frame sensor but with some of the features being removed and the price being shaved off by 20% off of the Leica M9. With the new Leica M (typ240) being released recently, everyone is hyped up to get the new M but the Lecia M-E (M9) is still a very good camera. A digital camera which is around 3 to 4 years old would  be considered as ancient, but not in the context of Leica cameras. Even their Leica M8 is still a very good camera which produces images far better than cameras of recent. All in all I just love this camera and it is the camera for me along with the Leica M8 and the Fuji X100.

 My first Leica M-E 'selfie' test shot.

A test shot with the Leica Summarit-M 50mm f2.5 lens on the Leica M-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment